Archive for the ‘Social Media’ Category
Well, as we all know, what is twitter? It is a free social networking and micro-blogging services that enables its users to send and read messages known as Tweets. It has gained notability and popular things in worldwide.
Twitter Co founder Evan Williams had published about Twitter services on Sept 2 and he announced about the use of Twitter in mobile applications such as iPhone, BlackBerry etc. which are becoming very popular because of more mobile users.
So let’s discuss about the mobile application which is becoming a major role in social media to drain more traffic.
Ok first let me tell you what is Mobile Application? Mobile application is a term to describe Internet applications that come on smart phones and other mobile devices. It usually help users by connecting them to Internet services more commonly accessed on desktop or help them by making it easier to use the Internet on their portable devices. A mobile application may be a mobile–based instant messaging client, Gmail for mobile, Twitter for mobile or many other applications.
So, Twitter has got Top 145 registered million users and through mobiles it has increased 62 percent since mid-April and also 16 percent of all new twitter mobile users are using the services on mobile to sign-up for the service instead of going to the website, as opposed to the 5 percent when Twitter launched its first Twitter – branded mobile client.
The mobile clients have helped to bring more peoples into twitter and helping to make more attract and retain active users. So, total 46 percent of active users became regular part of twitter experience.
Now a day’s people are using Twitter in iPhone and Blackberry, which is the most popular ways to access Twitter service.
There are other top ways to use this service. The current top ten application people have used to use twitter in the last 30 days, here it shows the ranking and percents from each service.
1. Twitter.com – 78%
2. m.twitter.com – 14%
3. SMS – 8%
4. Twitter for iPhone – 8%
5. Twitter for BlackBerry – 7%
6. TwitPic – 4%
7. TweetDeck* – 3%
8. Echofon*- 3%
9. Google Friend Connect – 2%
10. Uber Twitter – 2%
As this Twitter status shows, Smartphone clients and also people who use Twitter website for tweeting their updates are the strong growthing areas.
Everyone knows about PowerPoint Presentations. I just wanted to tell one more technique in SEO i.e., PowerPoint Presentations. PowerPoint is a best way to show new ideas by visualizing the concept slides by slides, if you submit the presentation in PPT sharing website like SlideShare you will get lot of views worldwide and also get indexed easily by search engines quickly if it is done effectively.
PPT’s bring huge amount of traffic to your site as users like to watch presentations than blank templates. One of the best ways to present effective PPT’s is SlideShare where millions of viewers can see and comment on your presentation which gains more traffic & new visitors to your site. In your presentation if you have rich title, description, tags and related images or videos of your business may be related to health or any other topic then definitely your slide will come on first page in search engines. So that you can embed this slide in your blogs or website to get more traffic and also to come on top results in search engines.
Well, now lets learn more on SlideShare as where we can promote our business PPT’s and other info. Mainly it is free for all to open SlideShare account.
SlideShare is a presentation tool, nothing but an online slide sharing social media content site and also known as the “YouTube of PowerPoint”. It is the world’s largest community for sharing business presentations or documents with different files format and professional videos. SlideShare support few formats such as ppt, openoffice, pdf, doc, pps, iworkpages, pptx, docx, keynote & other major video formats.
In SlideShare you can upload, mark favorite, tag, bookmark and leave a comment. Additionally you can download or pick the slides as favorite, joining groups and also we can embed our slides with the provided code to your blogs or website. To upload or share our presentations in SlideShare mainly we should have great ideas or concept, images and background where we can design like a magazine.
Firstly the text should be in big font size (some special and interesting font) to look more attractive. According to your subject or point add image or photo so that visitors can get at first glance itself of your picture on what you are talking. The main important thing is first page & the title of your slide because when visitors browse slideshare.net they notice only about is the thumbnail of your first page and the title. So decorate your first page attractively and optimize the title, it is the main cover of your slide.
Here are the few ways where SlideShare work well for your presentations:
- It allows sharing your info with millions of colleagues and clients and offers users to upload or share their presentation publicly or privately. It is a private distribution tool for your private sites.
- Organizing is easy where you can use to search, download, flag and categorize your other online presentations.
- Increase the audio content by combining your podcasts with SlideShare tools to target the listening audience.
- You can create webinars, slide cartoons and music video presentations by adding audio to it.
- You can make new friends and other professional contacts with SlideShare apps.
- You can start your own group to become expert by managing collections of presentations and also can join other groups.
- Instead of promoting only your work you can see others idea of your field by viewing other countless presentations.
- Add your widgets to emails by sending the URL to your friends, blogs and social sites so that you can drive traffic to your presentations.
- It allows customizing apps and creating date presentation for programmers and developers.
If you have an account in slideshare.net then you can share your slides or presentations with Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Sync these three accounts with slideshare then upload to anyone of them and it instantly shows up on all three.
So let’s make use of this SlideShare to upload or share and also to get other kind of info shared worldwide. By using this technique lets drain more traffic towards our sites but it is possible only if the presentations are more effective, attractive and having informative content.
Everyone knows that Social book marking is a method where users can share and manage their bookmarks of web resource. But, is social bookmarking helpful to promote your business and can we increase traffic through this.
Yes, we can promote our business and it will help your site to get better ranks in search engines. If you use effective social book marking, you can get indexed by search engines easily and it will boost up your traffic enormously.
There are hundreds of social bookmarking sites providing free book marking options ex: delicious.com, dig.com, and mix.com like that so many free social book marking sites are there. So, use free bookmarking sites, book mark your websites and use potential keywords related to your business, the more keywords visible in search engines. Make sure, that you are placing your book marks in right category. So many people fail to place in appropriate category, there are some book marking sites which will not accept, if the category is not match with business.
The titles and headlines of your book marking should be fascinating, because the title is the first thing notice by readers. If that is not good and not related to your business, then obviously your website traffic from bookmarking will reduce.
Give a brief and vital description of your website or business it should be catchy enough. We often know that people not like to read lengthy descriptions so, better go to the straight point.
By Bookmarking your websites it will not over there only, try to participate in bookmarking activities, add friends and comment their links. Bookmark other sites also. These activities will help to your site for getting index and traffic also.
So, social bookmarking is not complicated thing, but it should be used effectively to drive traffic into your site.
Posted by Ramya
Local business directories help your business locally to improve the traffic and also to show your listings on top in search engines like google. Where you can expose your business by adding information like uploading photos, contact number, business hours, business description, company logo and other important info. There is an option called edit where you can add more info or in case to change the present info.
Here are the few free Local Business Directories where we can publish our business locally.
1. HotFrog :
• Submitting your business in Hotfrog – It improves the traffic in google local search listings and also google maps appears highly in listings as a SEO factor for google.
• Submitting press releases having relevant info with certain potential keywords will help to increase ranking on both Hotfrog and search engines.
• Google will not pass PR (page rank) for all the sites, it allows PR to any site as long as google finds its TOS (terms of service) more accurately.
2. Thomson Local :
• It is a UK based directory. Most of all SME’s (small & medium enterprises) do not have websites, so the only way for these local businesses to get them on google is Thomson Local.
• Apart from this Thomson Local no other UK directory is able to offer online exposure for SME’s website.
3. Merchant Circle :
• It promotes your business in few min.
• Merchant Circle online directory & marketing platform allows creating a high landing page, which includes your business blog creation, e-newsletter generator gallery with photos& videos, branded online ads and coupon distribution.
• Local promotions are published through localized Twitter accounts by Merchant Circle.
• To get new visitors we can link with other businesses on Merchant Circle, so that it helps to create your own network.
• Merchant circle gains more traffic compared to Yellowbook.com.
• Where business owners can manage their online reputation by avoiding reviews from other locations through Merchant Circle.
4. Yelp :
• By submitting your business in Yelp the search results will be on top five.
• By listing your business in Yellow page, the chances are high to get more results without any user reviews also.
• We can also upload photos, set price range and share info about business hours & other related info.
• It dislikes the spam content.
• By using Yelp’s social networking features you can connect with more people by boosting your business presence on Yelp.
Well, as we all know, Scribd is a document sharing social site which allows you to create or upload a document directly. Though, Scribd is one of the most popular social website in the world, did you know each month more than 60 million people reach and share documents.
Okay, let’s discuss why millions of people discover and share their writings in Scribd.
Is Scribd a best way to generate traffic to your business?
Yes of course, because
- Scribd is free to use and allows you to create unlimited documents.
- You can easily upload one or many files of most file types, where scribd’s iPaper transforms “print” files like PDF, PowerPoint or Word in to a unique web document.
- Allows to share your documents with the world, which in turn indexed by search engines. This improves your online visibility and also helps visitors to find your documents through Scribd’s search function.
- Desktop Tool – lets you to upload unlimited documents quickly without entering in to Scribd website. Once the upload is done, your document will be available for viewing on Scribd immediately.
- Traffic Analytics – allows you to track number of views for each document and how many times it has been downloaded.
- Allows you to share your documents with status updates Social Networking Sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Delicious, Stumbleupon and many other social media sites.
Scribd is the best place to promote your brand awareness and increase link building. The right way of using Scribd is by providing a useful and compelling content, which helps to build a good reputation online. Scribd users should not forget to share their writing & find new content by joining a group on Scribd. One of the feature i personally liked in Scribd is E-Book Store, where it allows authors to charge for the content.
Scribd’s competitors are Docstoc and Slideshare, where they offer features similar to Scribd such as upload and download documents, presentations & photos and share them with the world. Though Docstoc is not as popular as Scribd, it is a great place for those who are interested in a professional document sharing site. It has categories such as legal, business and financial.
WetPaint and Squidoo are the other best places to generate most of the traffic to your business.
– Posted By Rajeshwari