Archive for the ‘SEO Thoughts’ Category
Recently google has announced new indexing system “Google Caffeine”, everyone are interested in how google new indexing system will affect their SEO, Let me explain few insights of “Google Caffeine”
Google Caffeine is just change in indexing method i.e. how it indexes and how it give information or search results. Before Google use to take few weeks to crawl your website and then it index was updates. But caffeine was introduced to improve the speed, relevancy, size and comprehensiveness of google search.
So, Google is indexing faster than before, SEO activities done for your website may have faster impact on Seo rankings. No need of waiting for few weeks to expect your ranking or Seo results.
Google Caffeine is giving greater importance for real time web, such as Twitter and Facebook updates directly into their results. So, using social media and social bookmarking for your SEO strategy will not only assist in ranking within the real time search results and it will help google to index your content fast.
Google Caffeine gives a greater importance for content quality and website speed, reliability of your website. This means your website loading time can affect your website rankings, so anything you can do to improve your website load time will be beneficial. Comparatively to know about google caffeine and old google indexing methods check the below link http://mashable.com/2009/08/10/google-caffeine/ and http://www.comparecaffeine.com/
Google caffeine indexes the web more frequently and deeply for providing real time search results up to the minute content, such as blogs and tweets.
These are the few insights of Google Caffeine, so it concentrate more on social media and social bookmarking, For better Seo results and good page rank of your website, try to link your website to Social media so it may get indexed fast and it will help you to get the good ranking also.
Posted by Ramya
How to maintain strong search engine ranking?
Search engine rankings are very essential for all business to improve their online visibility and also to gain traffic. If we have optimized properly then we can gain traffic easily from the search engines to improve the website ranking.
Here are the 3 simple SEO tips to maintain a high website rank or traffic within short time period…
1. Adding Fresh Content:
By adding fresh content to the sites is a better way to grasp the attention of search engine spiders. These spiders will crawl & update the website rank accordingly to the relevance of the content. The more often we update our site with fresh content we get the higher ranking. It depends upon the content being relevant and containing quality information.
2. Different Online Marketing Strategies:
Different strategies such as article submission, press releases, viral reports (social media optimization technique), forum participation, directories submission, social bookmarking and social networking to increase the publicity. These strategies are also a part of gaining traffic and increasing the site ranking level.
3. Link Exchange:
By participating in forums, blog posting and social networking we can exchange links with other sites. So by increasing the number of incoming links it will improve the rank of our website because search engines view incoming links and consider it as popularity or as a validation.
How to Repair Broken Links to Maintain Search Engine Ranking?
By having lot of content there is a chance of linking within our pages or post of our own blog and other internal content. We won’t come to know which links are broken, so it’s better to check our links periodically to repair the broken ones. Google consider these as a dead or old broken links which affect the site’s ranking. Checking broken links is important if we’ve been blogging from a long time.
Solution: By using this Broken Link Checker for our website it doesn’t lead to any dead links.
Google Local Business Center has been changed to Google Places and you can access this with the URL google.com/places and they also added some new features to google places. Let’s go through that features…
1. Services Areas/Locations:
2. Flat-Rate Ads (Tags) – Google enhanced listings are now called as Tags i.e. You can add a local business link to photos, videos, their web site or other content and it shows up right in the business listings, for this you have to pay $25 /month. These features are available now in Houston, San Jose, Austin, Atlanta, and Washington, DC. Chicago, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder, and San Francisco will be added soon.
3. Interior Business Photos: Google is going to contact local photographer to take their interior business photos and add that to google places, it’s a free of cost for business owners. Now this service is available in selected cities of U.S, Australia, and Japan.
4. QR codes: For all registered local business in google places can access a unique QR code .
5. Local Dashboards: Google places dashboards are available in Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Finland, Hungary, Japan, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Thailand, and China.
6. Local Stats of Google places: Google has announced some interesting local stats.
- 20% of searches on Google are “related to location”
- There are 50 million place pages
- More than four million business listings have been claimed on Google, and almost two million of those are in the U.S.
These are new features recently added to google places, so let’s start optimization for google places.
Online video sharing sites allows users to upload, share, and view videos. When submitting your video to online video sites, did you know that you can optimize those videos so that they are bound to get more views? We all want our videos to get more views, right? Well, let’s talk a bit about optimizing videos for the online video sites.
Here are some points to remember while optimizing videos to improve online visibility.
- Give your video a Catchy Title
- Optimize your video for Important Keyphrases
- Provide Transcripts of your Videos
- Offer the Option to Embed Your Video
- Make sure that your video clips are relevant and informative.
YouTube is one of the popular video search engine that allows you to set up your own customizable channel which helps to tell users a little more about your company. Make sure to be active in the YouTube community by commenting on other videos and subscribing to other user’s channels which helps to improve rankings.
Also, http://www.break.com is a great place to add your video, if you put your keywords in the title of your video there’s a good chance that it will rank well in Google. Whenever uploading a video, try to pay attention to tagging the video properly with the appropriate anchor text, title the video with important keywords and make sure you add your website’s URL to your profile page.
Apart from this, promote your videos by embedding them in your blog entries, in blast emails, and on pages of your website. The point of video for business purposes is usually to drive people to your website. Don’t forget to tell your viewers where you want them to go! You can do this in the video itself, as part of your profile, or both.
Overlook in to other video sharing sites which helps improve online visibility
Metacafe – www.metacafe.com
Google Video – www.video.google.com
Yahoo Video – www.video.yahoo.com
AOL Video – www.video.aol.com
Daily Motion – www.dailymotion.com
Flickr Video – www.flickr.com
Blip.tv – www.blip.tv
Motionbox – www.motionbox.com
Is Domain alias good for SEO?
Before we get into the topic, lets look into this point – What is the need for domain aliases or what is the purpose of purchasing multiple domains for a business?
a. Brand protection – to protect your brand named domains.
b. to recover visitors typing your domain name mis-spelt.
Years back, SEO experts suggested to have 301 redirects to avoid Google treat your duplicate content of domain aliases as scam.
Now, Google looks at duplicate content in a different way. After the RSS evolved, it could no more treat the duplicate content as scam, instead Google started analysing them – finding the core of the content, the origin and the values of it from various factors (as usual un-disclosed factor ). So, whenever Google finds a bunch of websites with the same content, it tries to – order them, remove less valuable, and put the most relevant one in SERPs.
So Duplicate Content is NO MORE A SCAM.
OK, does that mean we can have multiple domain aliases with the same content?
Here if the websites are well optimized there is a fair chance that both the domains can be shown in SERPs (adding advantage of capturing one more placement in SERPs). Most of the times as these domains have different values for itself, only either of the domain can be seen in SERPs. It looks more advantageous?? IT MAY sound like..
My point is if in any case if both primarydomain and aliasdomain shown in SERPs
1. will visitors be not confused on which is the official one?
2. will visitors realize these are just domain aliases and the duplicate content they see doesn’t mean they are un-official resource?
3. If in case visitors comes across aliasdomain.com more often and links them from other places – what could be the effect for primarydomain.com?
4. which domain will you promote in your business card?
5. you can expect only either of the domain to show up in SERPs – then can you control on which domain have to be shown.
I couldn’t find answer for these anywhere around.
My understanding is when you have domain aliases without redirects the core purpose (point a & b mentioned above) of having multiple domains is lost.